Featured Artist: Matthew Steele

Posted on | Sunday, January 6, 2013 | No Comments



Featured Artist: Matthew Steele
"Invisible Complexity"
Opening reception January 11, 6-8pm

Artist Statement:
My interests lie in methods of connection, with all of their complexities. I am heavily motivated by infrastructure. There is a certain poetry to the lenghts we go to, to feel connected. I am interested in how our internal technologies are often reflected in the physical technologies that we produce. 

There is a desire in a highway.

There is resilience in a dam.

There is triumph in a bridge.

These icons are steeped in intense labor. I see them as manifestations of our grand intention; to transcend the greatest obstacles we know. It is my intent to personify or portray technologies of the self through depictions of these utilitarian endeavors.

Comments

Leave a Reply